Microsoft Office is the most common productivity suite in the world, and it’s for a good reason. One of the biggest reasons for this is that they routinely update the applications with great features. Office 2019 is one of the biggest improvements that Microsoft has made, and it features several apps that make the modern office work.
The following apps are included in Office 2019:
Here are some changes that have been brought to these applications.
Most people use Outlook for email, but it’s more of a personal information manager, since it can be used as a calendar, task manager, and contact manager. Changes to Outlook 2019 include:
- One-click fixes for accessibility issues – Enhanced accessibility options are updated to new international standards.
- Focused inbox – Outlook now features more options to keep you focused on the information you need and less on the glut of email that you may get.
- Outlook reads your emails to you – Outlook now offers a text to voice option that will read your emails to you.
Microsoft Word is the Office suite’s word processor, and Word 2019 is looking to be a great upgrade from Word 2016. Here are some of the best changes:
- Real time collaboration – Work side-by-side with others to collaborate on documents in real time.
- Integrated translation – Microsoft translator gives workers the ability to translate words, phrases, and sentences in many languages.
- Enhanced reading options – Instead of straining your eyes, choose options to help make it easier on them, including page color, column width, text spacing, or have Word read your document to you.
- Easier navigation – You can now flip through documents quickly with side-by-side view.
Excel is a spreadsheet software that comes bundled with Microsoft Office. The latest version gives users plenty of opportunities to take advantage of new and interesting features, several of which give Excel the ability to act as a database. Here are just a few of the new features:
- New Charts – Users can now create a series of new charts, including map charts, funnel charts, and more.
- Precision selecting – Now users can deselect cells that aren’t relevant to their query without having to frustratingly start over.
- New and improved connectors – Now there are integrations that allow Excel to be front and center on any of your organization’s analytics initiatives.
PowerPoint is Microsoft’s presentation-creator app. The software has hundreds of other functions, of course, and PowerPoint 2019 expands PowerPoint’s effectiveness in the long run. Some functions include:
- Zoom for PowerPoint – Provides custom navigation inside a presentation for more presenter-friendly interaction.
- SVG image compatibility – You can now insert and edit scalable vector graphics (SVG) images for clearer, more defined imagery.
- Export to 4K – Now you can export your presentation to 4K format, slightly better than Ultra High Definition.
Office 2019 is also built with a much-improved Microsoft Teams collaboration app–and SharePoint–the industry standard in project management and coordination. Additionally, the ever-popular Microsoft Office 365 now uses Office 2019 as a base for their cloud-delivered products.
Microsoft lists OneNote as a part of their Microsoft Office platform, but the software giant is starting to move away from OneNote as a part of the productivity suite, building it instead as a part of Windows 10.
If you would like to talk about what Microsoft products are right for your business and/or personal computing needs, the IT professionals at NuTech Services are available to answer your questions and give you suggestions. To speak to one of our certified consultants call us today at 810.230.9455.